Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Googlewhacked

That means if you google either "katherinecrocker" or "Furium Empiricas" then you will get results only for this blog.

Thus, my 'cool' index has risen a bit.

In other news, Costa Rica looks more and more exciting, and more and more frustrating. For those readers who don't know (two of you?), I have an REU at the Las Cruces Biological Research Station, and I'll be researching chemoreception in lizards. I bought a field guide to reptiles and amphibians last night, using my sketchy Borders connections, and got some sort of cool discount and free shipping. Now I'm on the lookout for a good general field guide, although a bird guide would be ok, because then I pretty much just have to figure out bugs and mammals by myself.

I'm going to have to spend so much money on equipment...of course, most of it is optional, but it seems silly to go to Costa Rica for 8 weeks without binoculars. And I'd really love to have a tent and a big backpack to carry it all.

Looking at the schedule, though, I'm starting to get really frustrated--we'll have only about 3 weeks on our actual site...which means there won't be much time for fiddling with setup, which means we have to come up with a) an experiment that creates some sort of worthwhile, robust data that can b) be run on a foolproof setup. Don't your ribs hurt?

In other news, I think I am going to start my own comic strip, but I do not know where it will be posted yet.

No comments: