Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Catsup V

So...on 6/24 I'm a little blank about what we did. Probably just settled in...that was the day that we had free time and nobody knew what to do with it. Yep. So, I spent my afternoon (5h) first taping duct tape over the holes in 125 plastic gallon flower pots. And then I spent 2 hours the next day with a soldering iron, putting smaller holes back into the bottoms of the pots. Yep. That's right.

Because the original holes were too big, and if I only covered part of them, the lizards we were planning to catch in the pit traps would shred their cute lil' noses trying to get out...so smaller holes were the smart way to go, that's why. Uh-huh. That's what I thought.

The two hours I spent putting the holes back were during a mentor symposium, where most of the mentors (all but Doug) kinda told us what they did. Interesting, long.

That afternoon, Doug and I went out and put in two 9-pot grids (3x3, of course)...the procedure for pit traps is so not complex that it's actually boring. You dig a hole, put the pot in it, and pack the dirt around it so things don't fall between the pot and the edge of the hole. And that was all, as far as I can remember.

I believe it was the next afternoon (we put out more traps that morning...big woop) that I called Liz and also my parents, and found out that my grandfather died. So...things got crazy...I fought with Doug about him being an uninformed yet self-defined omniscient pain about the same thing I wrote about recently (a couple entries ago), and ultimately decided to go back to the States for the service. I'm really abridging here, but...that was what that schedule was about, back there.

At some point I'll chronicle the USA trip...maybe tomorrow night. I'm almost caught up.

No comments: