Sunday, May 24, 2009

One of those projects that took 30+ hours...

The song "Sax Rohmer #1" is a good song. Its music video is just flat-out impressive. So, I decided to try to copy it into a closet. The video, which (unless you're Ari and hate YouTube) you should watch first is here.

The next four pictures should be stitched together, but the text of the verses is "Bells ring in the tower, wolves howl in the hills, chalk marks show up on a few high windowsills. And a rabbit gives up somewhere, and a dozen hawks descend: every moment leads toward its own sad end. // Ships loosed from their moorings capsize and then are gone, sailors with no captains watch a while and then move on. And an agent crests the shadows, and I head in her direction. All roads lead toward the same blocked intersection." So, you can try to trace them through the three photos.




And since the entire chorus never gets written out, I did my own version on the leftover wall. I know it's heart-shaped, but believe me, that was totally unintentional.


Whew. Comments?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Brilliant!

Chris said...

Yay for hard work and an excellent job well done!

Catherine said...

Sorry I disappeared on gchat yet again. I love that song!! But I'd never seen the video. I do like the closet :D

Boydo said...

Still impressed =]