Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some thank-yous

To my Dad, who sent me pens, earplugs, and a letter-a-week so far, and who woke me up with a really welcome phone call during a tough week at homestay...

To my Mom, whose letters and pictures have also been coming thick and fast...

To Pat G., who sent me a letter and a picture that reminded me of Colorado and the Real Mountains...

To Jen Y., who sent me a wonderful postcard that kept me from having a really terrible day...

To Ari, who sent me letters, only one of which I have gotten so far, that made me smile and remember how lovely language specificity and snarky humor is...

To Adam G., Elaine, Kevin, Bert for Facebook encouragements...

To Sarah, Kevin, and Ari for chat support, especially when I was sick and miserable...

To everyone who replies to my emails...

To everyone who has sent wishes and prayers my way...

To anyone who has done something wonderful for me but I forgot to mention...

Thank you, as I have rarely thanked anyone before.

And, to Heidi and Kyle, congratulations on your engagement! I will look into coming back for the wedding, but right now it is nearly impossible to say whether I will be able to make it or not. Either way, my thoughts will be with you.

No comments: